THE FESTIVAL OF BALLOONING, INC. – INTERNSHIP POSITIONS – SUMMER 2017
We offer a variety of internship and career exploration opportunities in marketing, operations and event coordination and production. All positions provide interns with a behind-the-scenes, hands-on experience in producing a major entertainment event. Employment gives the student valuable real-world experience and responsibility, while allowing him/her to tap in to our extensive sports and event marketing experience, as well as our vast list of contacts.
The QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning is the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America and is the premier family entertainment attraction in New Jersey. It has received The New Jersey Governor's Award for Best Special Event and has been recognized, for the 6th time, as a Top 100 Festival in North America by the American Bus Association. Celebrating its 35th anniversary in 2017 the festival features twice daily mass ascensions of up to 100 colorful hot air balloons, top-notch concerts, non-stop family entertainment, hundreds of crafters and vendors, great food, fireworks, a balloon glow, and much more. The 2017 QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning returns to Solberg Airport in Readington, NJ on July 28-30, 2017. www.balloonfestival.com
Rock, Ribs, and Ridges is the Northeast’s best celebration of food, music and fun, as nine great rock n’ roll bands and five nationally-known barbeque joints highlight this awesome weekend. The eighth annual edition of Rock, Ribs and Ridges returns to The Sussex County Fairgrounds on June 24 – 25, 2017. www.rockribsandridges.com
• Operations Assistant/QuickChek Vendor Program Manager - Assists VP of Operations in all aspects of on-site operations for the event. Manages the Quick Chek vendor co-op program with Festival Director leading up to and during the event.
• Entertainment Coordinator/ Social Media Intern - Reviews contracts and facilitates fulfillment of all contractual obligations with entertainers. Coordinates all entertainment-related functions during the weekend of the event. Assist the festival coordinator in growing the awareness of the festival on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. This would include growing our fan page and assisting in ticket sales through these social media sites. Also would assist in updating the website daily, needs knowledge of how to work content manager of website and how to utilize social networking site to promote an event. Graphic design and/or photoshop knowledge required.
• Sponsorship, Marketing & Media Assistant - Assists both the Executive Producer and the Director of Corporate Partnerships to negotiate media trades for the event as well as execute and fulfill various sponsor/exhibitor programs. Relied on to interact with the Public Relations firm as it relates to press events and the development/execution of the event’s public relations campaign.
• Balloon Operations Coordinator & Hospitality/Hotel Facilitator - Assists Festival Director in managing relationships throughout the event. Handles all arrangements and requests of the balloon pilots and crew. Interfaces with each partner hotels to manage the event’s hotel needs. Oversees the corporate caterer needs at the event to maximize the hospitality program.
• Ticket & Customer Relations Manager - Oversees all financial processing, recording, and fulfilling of ticket & merchandise program. Manages on-site ticketing and customer relations program. This position is key to our operation and needs a highly organized and self-sufficient individual to take charge of ticket orders & processing as well as getting us the reports that we need to make marketing decisions.
All interns will be given the opportunity to work in areas other than their specific job function, affording each individual a well-rounded experience by being exposed to all aspects of producing the festival. Additionally, interns will have other opportunities to work on events produced by Promo 1, Festival of Ballooning’s sister company.
• Internships are considered a full time commitment, with positions running from May 22nd through early August.
• Unless discussed in advance, the student is expected to devote forty (40) hours per week.
• The student is required to commit to the entire week leading up to events, as well as the entire weekend of the events.
• Access to a car is considered essential.
• Students will receive a daily stipend.
• There will be a flat amount paid to each intern for his/her work the weekend of the festival.
Please note: Festival of Ballooning, Inc. is also accepting resumes from students who would like to be a part of the event’s summer staff for college credit. Festival of Ballooning, Inc will work with the college to provide the necessary documentation and evaluation of the students' performance so that, if warranted, the student receives proper academic credit for their efforts.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/TO APPLY:
Brent Swanson, Festival Director
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer Internships as the subject line by March 10, 2017.