Behind the Scenes: Favorite Festival Memories
February 12, 2008
In the 15 years that Quick Chek has been the title sponsor of the New Jersey Festival of Ballooning, Bill Tencza has been to all 15 Festivals (this year is his Sweet Sixteen). So we asked Bill, who is Quick Chek’s Senior Category Manager, to name his all-time favorite Festival memory.
We’re thrilled to say Bill couldn’t come up with one. He came up with 10.
So, from the home office in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, here is Bill Tencza’s Top 10 Most Memorable Festival Moments:
10. Playing soccer in the Pepsi “Human Foosball” inflatable field with the other Quick Chek employees and Festival attendees.
9. Watching local artists paint balloon designs on port-a-jons at our Ewing, NJ, store.
8. Hanging out with Wendy “The Snapple Lady” and watching her sign autographs and take pictures with the crowd.
7. Having a great time with the Quick Chek Team and vendor sponsors at the pilot party every year.
6. Watching and hearing the crowd applaud the Budweiser Clydesdales as they walked around the Festival.
5. Getting my hair cut and dyed at the Snapple Dye Hard Tour Event a few years ago.
4. Greeting and taking pictures with kids while dressed up as Clifford, SpongeBob, and Elmo at the Quick Chek Entertainment Tent. It’s all worth it when you see them smiling and laughing!!
3. Listening to “Proud to Be an American” over the PA system while the PNC American Flag Balloon leaves the launch area. It makes you appreciate everything you have in your life.
2. Watching last year’s perfect Balloon Launch on Saturday night with my family. The balloons went up and just hovered over the Festival.
1. Going up in a balloon with my son Billy.